First off, what is UpContent? Remember the Content Digest emails you received twice a week with 3rd party content for you to use? This is the same concept, but now, that curated content is getting delivered directly to your content library in Denim Social. You can then choose which articles are relevant to you and post directly from Denim Social, or save them in your content library for future use.
Please note: only admins have access to the UpContent folders. Content is updated every Monday and Thursday, so for example, articles posted on a Thursday will expire and be replaced with new ones on the next Thursday, so if you like a post, make sure to save it to your content library!
To access UpContent, from the Left Navigation menu, go to Publishing > Content Libraries, there you will see 2 tabs on the top left side. One for "folders" which would be your personal folders you have created. The other tab is "Collections" which is where you will find UpContent.
2. Once in the Content Library, click on one of the UpContent folders you would like to select content from.
3. Click on the article you would like to add to your content library or post right away
4. When you hover over one of the articles, you will have a few options:
A: Click the link to view the article
B: Click the trash can to remove this article from the folder. Once removed you will NOT be able to retrieve the article
C: Add the article to a personal content library folder or post now
5. If you click option C, you will be taken to the screen shown below where you can make edits, add accounts, and publish the post now or save it for later in your own content library
Saving UpContent into a Content Library Folder
To save in your personal content library, click the "save to a content library" button shown below, you will then see a small window pop up
2. Once the appropriate folder is selected from that pop-up, the below screen will appear
3. In this area, admins can approve the post, make a copy of it, move it to a different content library folder, edit it or delete it altogether. Only Admins can make these changes to the content library posts. Additionally, only admins can see the UpContent folders.
4. After the post is approved by the appropriate approval workflow, the post will be available in the designated content library for use by end-users.
How to Post an UpContent Article
To access UpContent, from the Left Navigation menu, go to Publishing > Content Libraries, there you will 2 tabs on the top right side. One for "folders" which would be your personal folders you have created. The other tab is "Collections" which is where you will find UpContent.
2. Once in the Content Library, click on one of the UpContent folders you would like to select content from. If you would like a content library folder deleted, you may click on the Trash bin shown below which will remove it from your collections.
3. Once you click into the category you'd like to view articles from, you will be taken to a screen showing articles related to that topic shown below
4. Once you click on the article you'd like to view by clicking the small folder in the lower right-hand corner, you will be taken to the screen shown below where you can make edits, add accounts, and publish the post now
5. To publish the post now, toggle the “This Is A Content Library Post” below in the purple box “Off” and it will be available for you to post live to your selected social media accounts like you would with all of your other social media posts. Click here for instructions on how to post to your social media accounts.
Managing UpContent Folders
If you see some content library categories that may not be relevant to you, you may remove them from your UpContent selections by doing the following:
In the UpContent section of the app, click on the "manage collections" button in the upper right-hand corner
Here you will be able to select the collections you would like to receive content from. The ones that are Green are active, the ones that you click will turn White and will be inactive. You may reactivate a collection at any time. Once your selections have been made, click the "Save Selections" button and your content library will be updated.